Purchase a Copy Online
We only ship within the United States. International shipping is not available.
- Order 5 copies of the paperback.
- Price includes shipping and handling.
- Price includes shipping and handling.
Fake President - Decoding Trump's Gaslighting, Corruption, and General Bullsh*t
Donald Trump was lawfully selected as the US president…but is still a “fake” president because he simply lacks the integrity, empathy, intelligence, and stability to perform the duties of the office as the Constitution intended. “If you spend so much time golfing, tweeting, seething, and covering up your corruption,” write Green and Nader, “it’s understandable that a POTUS doesn’t get around to appointing one-third of all agency inspector generals…Might as well expect a surgeon to be an opera singer.”
The Congress: Siding with Big Business
greed devastates the People!
The rats, rising from the Congressional catacombs, have shown the way! An exciting fable, How the Rats Re-formed the Congress by Ralph Nader shows the specific steps WE THE PEOPLE can take to control Congress, our smallest, yet most powerful, constitutional branch of government. IT’S EASIER THAN WE THINK.
How the Rats Re-Formed the Congress
is a fable about rats that invade Congress and astonishingly trigger a peoples’ political revolt. It starts when a Congressional reporter breaks a strange and shocking story: “Rats have invaded the toilet bowls” of both the Speaker of the House and the Minority Leader. The mighty rat invasions spark a national news frenzy.
Activists seize on the burgeoning story to organize for a populist agenda. Millions of postcards are sent to Congress. Spontaneous rallies break out everywhere. The activists see the rats upending “business as usual” routines on Capitol Hill as a powerful symbol against the lobbyists and their corporate Congress.
Here is WHY we must stand up and bring forth a new America, a just and safe society.
• Congressional majorities repeatedly empower corporate lobbyists who are hurting consumers, workers, patients, the very poor and defenseless communities; Lives, income, and savings are lost!
• Congressional majorities cruelly side with corporations and corporatists resulting in children losing their lives, getting sick and injured;
• Congressional majorities aid and abet corporate crime, fraud, and corporate control over the American people, as many media exposes have documented;
• Congressional majorities have entrenched a corrupt system of elections marinated in corporate money to nullify voters’ voices and choices while disrespecting our intelligence;
• Congressional majorities con rm corporate judges who block the use of our courts by the American people seeking justice for wrongful injuries, economic exploitation, and violation of their civil liberties and civil rights;
• Congressional majorities are draining America’s critical necessities for infrastructure, jobs, and health and safety protections, while bloating the corporate war machine and misspending trillions of taxpayer dollars;
• Congressional majorities have paved the way for what conservatives call crony capitalism and what progressives call the corporate state, deepening inequality and weakening small business;
• Congressional majorities have surrendered their sworn constitutional duties to rein in presidential outlawry and boomeranging illegal wars;
• Congress itself is a concentrated tyranny of self-privilege, secrecy, exclusionary rules and practices, avoiding key public hearings, abandoning oversight of the executive branch and shutting out citizens except campaign donors.
About The Author
Ralph Nader is one of America’s most effective social critics. His analyses and advocacy have enhanced public awareness and increased government and corporate accountability. His example has inspired a whole generation of consumer advocates, citizen activists, and public interest lawyers.
He first made headlines as a young lawyer in 1965 with his book Unsafe at Any Speed, which led to congressional hearings and the passage of a series of life-saving automobile safety laws in 1966.